Have a Jaeger LeCoultre watch that you are thinking about selling? Maybe you no longer wear it or are looking to trade it in for a new model. The good news is that there has never been an easier time to sell Ja...
Selling Ladies Watches in the UKMay 2, 2018 - Watch Articles
- Step 1: Gather information on your ladies watch
- Step 2: Find a reputable ladies watch buyer
- Step 3: Get a final price
- Step 4: Get paid
Step 1: Gather information on your ladies watch
The following characteristics of your ladies watch will influence its resale value:
- Brand: Contrary to popular belief, not all luxury watches appreciate in value. Some luxury brands perform better on the second-hand market than others. Since their inception, brands such as Rolex and Patek Philippe have produced luxury watches of excellent quality and maintained a high level of brand prestige and value.
- Model: A watch’s model number tells you which collection the watch belongs to as well as the timepiece’s characteristics. Certain vintage and limited-edition models can have high demand from collectors who willing to pay impressive amounts for these timepieces.
- Condition: The quality of care you gave your ladies watch will positively or negatively affect its resale value. If your watch is damaged, missing pieces or repaired with parts from other brands, its value will be lower. However, if your watch has been well taken care of, its resale value will be strong.
- Servicing: Have you serviced your ladies watch in the last 5 years? Getting your watch regularly serviced is imperative for its performance. Overtime, the pieces of your watch may wear down and its oil can dry up. A professional watchmaker will completely repair, oil and clean your timepiece. Be sure to keep your servicing receipt to demonstrate to potential buyers that your ladies watch has been professionally maintained.
- Box and papers: These are the box and papers that your ladies watch came with when purchased. They attest to the authenticity of your timepiece, add value and make the selling process smoother. Watch collectors prefer to buy watches, especially vintage and special edition timepieces, with their box and papers in good condition. However, you can still sell your ladies watch without its box and papers.
Step 2: Find a reputable ladies watch buyer
At WP Diamonds, we make selling ladies watches a fast and hassle free process. Our team of specialist luxury watch buyers can accurately assess and price your ladies watch on the second-hand market. Our watch expert Tom Pozsgay stated, “Industry wide, most companies do not buy ladies watches as the market is not as large as it is with men’s watches.
However, at WP Diamonds we are happy to evaluate and buy your luxury ladies watches for strong prices.” Whether you opt to sell online or via appointment, we pride ourselves on offering a first class, free and secure service. This has earned us hundreds of positive reviews from previous customers.
Step 3: Get a final price
Now that you have all the necessary information about your ladies watch and your buyer, you are ready to get a price for your ladies watch. To receive your free price quote today, simply complete our online form and one of our watch experts will be in touch shortly with an estimate. If you agree with your watch’s price quote and want to get the final price of your timepiece we offer two convenient selling methods.
Step 4: Get paid
- Mail-in your ladies watch
You can mail us your ladies watch from anywhere in the UK with our fast and free mailing service. Once you have received your price quote, we can provide you with a free and fully insured Royal Mail Special Delivery Pack and instructions on how to safely mail your timepiece. We will notify you when we receive your watch and our experts will then be in touch with a final price. You may accept payment for your timepiece by bank transfer. If you decline our offer, we will simply mail your watch back to you through Royal Mail at no expense to you.
- Schedule an appointment
WP Diamond’s UK headquarters is in Birmingham, conveniently located in the jewellery quarter. You may schedule an appointment Monday through Friday from 10am to 5 pm. Please contact us in advance to schedule your appointment.
Our Birmingham address:
We also host appointments throughout the year in London at our modern and secure office. Your appointment will be about 30 minutes long during which your ladies watch will be thoroughly examined and accurately priced. Whether you sell with us or not, our process is always free.
Selling ladies watches is easy with WP Diamonds. Begin the selling process by clicking the button below to get your offer.