The most expensive Rolex ever sold was Paul Newman’s Rolex Daytona in October of 2017. This truly iconic watch was owned by Paul Newman himself, the renowned Oscar winning actor, racecar driver, activist, dir...
Sell Designer WatchesNovember 5, 2018 - Watch Articles
To make the selling process seamless we’ve created a guide for how to sell designer watches. From finding the best designer watch buyer, to learning how much your watches are worth and getting the highest offer.
How to sell designer watches:
- Where to sell designer watches
- How much is my designer watch worth?
- Sell designer watches quickly and easily for the best price
Where to sell designer watches
There is no shortage of designer watch buyers in the UK, but who has time to meet with all of them? Check out some of the most popular places to sell designer watches.
- Pawnshops: This buyer is for those who wish to sell their designer watches locally. While you won’t need to go out of your way to sell to a pawnshop, they often provide cautious offers because of their lack of in-depth knowledge of the designer watch industry. This means that you will likely get under paid for your watch.
- Hatton Garden: Easily accessible within London, Hatton Garden houses a variety of designer jewelry buyers. While you can meet with several watch buyers, Hatton Garden can quickly become a stressful environment. As you meet with buyers you will need to be cautious high-pressure sales tactics and unscrupulous dealers.
- Auction Houses: A classic means of selling high value items, auction houses employ horologists who can evaluate your designer watch. Selling watches through an auction house is a waiting game as you will need to wait for an auction to be held, then for your watch will to be successfully bid on and if your watch isn’t bought, you will have to wait for another auction to be held. Even if your watch is bought, the auction house will take a percentage of your profits. Meaning that auction houses are not the fastest way to sell watches for cash.
- Online Ads: In just a few minutes you can make an ad for your designer watch through websites like Facebook, eBay and Craigslist. With your own ad you can set your desired price and sell directly to a buyer. While this sounds ideal, those who try to sell their watch online quickly learn how difficult this. Not only is setting a fair price difficult without industry knowledge, but there’s no guarantee that your watch will sell, and you need to always be cautious of scammers.
- WP Diamonds: To sell designer watches safely, quickly, and easily, WP Diamonds is the buyer for you. As expert timepiece buyers, our team of horologists have a rich understanding of the secondhand designer watch market and can calculate a competitive and honest offer for your timepiece. When you sell designer watches with WP Diamonds, you can enjoy our entirely free, fast and trustworthy service. Sell online or by appointment, the entire process can take as little as 48 hours. Don’t just take our word for it, our service has earned us hundreds of positive reviews from satisfied customers. With our offices in Birmingham and London as well as online service, selling designer watches in the UK has never been easier.
Click the button below to get your watch price quote today from WP Diamonds.
How much is my designer watch worth
There are several factors that will affect the value of your designer watch:
- Brand: Certain brands maintain better resell value than others. Rolex, for instance, has excelled in maintaining the value of their watches on the second-hand market. Rolex has achieved this through their tight production line with high market demand as well as iconic collections.
- Model: A watch’s model number indicates what collection it belongs to. Particular models are in high demand from collectors such as Rolex’s “Hulk” Submariner Date and Patek Philippe’s steel Nautilus. You can find your designer watch’s model number in its paper work.
- Condition: Depending on the physical state of your timepiece, your offer will be positively or negatively affected. For instance, if your watch has been significantly damaged and has not been serviced, your offer will be lowered. On the other hand, if your watch is in great condition and has received regular servicing, your offer will be higher. Be sure to include any recent servicing papers for your timepiece to demonstrate its maintained condition to potential buyers.
- Box and Papers: These are the official box and papers that came with your designer watch upon its purchase. With these materials you can further illustrate the authenticity of your timepiece. If your box and papers are in good condition this can add up to 10% more on your offer.
Sell designer watches quickly and easily for the best price:
With WP Diamonds you can sell designer watches in 3 easy steps and get paid in as little as 48 hours:
- Get a price quote: To get your free price quote, all you need to do is complete our simple online form. Shortly after, our experts will contact you with your price quote.
- Get a final price: After you receive your initial price quote, getting your final price is just as easy. You have the option of scheduling an appointment in London or Birmingham. OR we will provide you with a free Royal Mail Special Delivery pack to send your watch to WP Diamonds, you can rest assured knowing that your designer watch is safe, fully insured and trackable. We will notify you of your watch’s safe arrival at our office and our horologists will promptly evaluate your timepiece. One of our experts will contact you to give you our firm buying price and detailed explanation of how we calculated that offer.
- Get paid: The final price you hear for your designer watch is exactly how much you will be paid. We never deduct from your offer with any commissions or hidden sales fees. You can accept your payment by bank transfer. There is never any obligation to sell and you can request to have your watch returned to you through a Royal Mail Special Delivery pack for free.
Click the button below to sell designer watches today.