Whether you have been shopping around for a new diamond or thinking about upgrading a current diamond, you may have asked yourself, “What kind of diamond sparkles the most?”. As diamonds are a major purchas...
Is it Safe to Sell Diamonds Online?October 17, 2018 - Diamond Articles
Given that selling diamonds is a new experience for many people, we have created a handy list of do’s and don’ts for selling diamonds online so that you can sell with confidence.
- Read customer reviews: Always read a company’s reviews to see if they are reputable. Be sure to read multiple credible reviews from previous customers to get a thorough understanding of the company’s service. A company with only poor reviews or few reviews is a clear sign to stay away.
- Work with diamond experts: Evaluating and pricing diamonds is a complex process that requires an expert, GIA trained gemmologist with a rich understanding of the second-hand diamond market. When you sell your diamonds to diamond experts, you can expect to receive an honest and competitive offer. A lack of diamond expertise will always translate to low offers, so it pays to work with the experts.
- Work with buyers that offer a free service:Selling your diamond should always be an entirely free process. From the initial evaluation to selling your stone, you should never have to pay for any part of the process or have hidden commissions or fees deducted from your final offer.
- Get an online price quote first: Before you even send off your diamond to a company, you should be able to get a price quote for your diamonds. This way you can have an idea of how much your diamonds are worth before you send them off to a buyer.
- Request free, overnight, trackable and fully insured shipping:It is critical that you work with a company that provides a free, overnight, trackable and fully insured shipping service so you can rest assured that your diamonds will always be safe.
- Choose a buyer that also offers in-person appointments:Even if you are only interested in selling your diamonds online, a reputable diamond buyer should also be able to provide in-person appointments.
- Sell to an individual without exercising great caution: Today, it’s easier than ever to put your diamonds up for sale online. While this is very convenient, this means that anyone can inquire about buying your diamonds, including people who only want to buy it cheaply and scammers who are only feigning interest or have unscrupulous motives.
- Sell without thoroughly researching the buyer: A quick search online will show you that there is an endless array of diamond buyers on the market. However, going in blindly with a diamond buyer is risky. Without doing any research you have no way of knowing if a company is legitimate, experienced in the second-hand diamond market, employs GIA trained gemmologists or is able to provide high offers and is well received by customers.
- Sell to anyone who pressures you into selling your diamond: Selling your diamonds should never involve high-pressure sales tactics. Selling your diamond is an important decision to make and you should feel completely comfortable when deciding to do so. A diamond buyer should never rush your decision or make it feel like there is only one opportunity to sell.
Where is it safe to sell diamonds online?
As a leading online buyer of diamonds, jewellery and watches, WP Diamonds is the faster and safer way to sell diamonds online. The safety of your diamonds is of paramount importance to us. As such when selling your diamonds online to us: your diamonds are always fully insured while in our care and in transit, and are opened on camera for your protection. We also offer the option to sell in person by scheduling an appointment in London, Birmingham, Hong Kong or New York.
Established in 2012, our team of GIA trained gemmologists have the necessary diamond expertise to provide strong prices. With offices in New York, London, Hong Kong and Birmingham, our international buying power means that you can sell diamonds in the UK, the US, Asia and further afield in as little as 48 hours. We pride ourselves on delivering a fast, free, professional service which has earned us hundreds of positive customer reviews.
How to safely sell diamonds online:
- Get a price quote: Fill out our online form with information about your diamonds. We will shortly contact you with a tight price quote for your diamonds.
- Get a final price: If you like your quote and are ready to receive a final offer for your diamonds, we will provide you with a free Royal Mail Special Delivery Pack which ensures that your diamonds are secure, fully insured, and trackable. When your diamonds arrive at our office we will notify you of their safe arrival and our gemmologists will thoroughly asses and price them. We will then contract you with a firm offer and detailed explanation of how we came to that price. Your offer will never be lowered by any hidden fees or commissions, so the final price you hear is exactly how much you will be paid.
- Get paid: You may accept your offer by bank transfer. However, if you would prefer to have your diamonds mailed back to you, we will do so for free through the same secure Royal Mail Special Delivery Pack for free.
The bottom line is that: Selling your diamonds online with WP Diamonds is incredibly safe, easy and fast. You can even receive full payment for your diamonds in as little as 48 hours after completing our online form.
Prefer to sell diamonds in person? WP Diamonds also hosts in-person appointments throughout the UK, in New York and Hong Kong. Appoints are always free, secure and without any high-pressure sales tactics. Your appointment will be about 30 minuets long, during which your diamonds will be thoroughly evaluated and priced. You may accept payment by bank transfer.
To schedule your appointment at one of our modern and secure offices click the button below.